Below is a step-by-step guide on how to apply to PEB through the Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science Department:
At the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Application Portal, enter your PIN number and password to start your application. Once in the application, navigate to “Program of Study” (using the left menu bar). Then:
1) Select “Engineering and Applied Science” as the department or program to which you wish to apply.
2) Select “Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)” as the degree option.
3) Select “Full-Time” for attendance status.
4) Select “Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science” as a subfield, concentration, or track.
5) Select “Physical and Engineering Biology (PEB)” as an additional subfield, concentration or special program.